The investment pieces straight from the FW17 runway
We’re not just saying that, the designers do. Fashion week isn’t over yet, we’ve got a lot of shows to watch until March, but looking at the New York scene we’ve come to some conclusions. We selected ten items that you probably already own (or plan to buy on sale) which will still be on-trend in the fall/winter 2017 season.
1.The “power” blazer: Calvin Klein served us a glimpse of the 90’s suits with this masculine double-breasted jacket. Raf Simons’s collection for the brand had plaid print everywhere almost, so expect to see an abundance of it come September.
2. The slip dress: it’s versatile, it’s sexy, this means you need to keep it a little longer! Combine it with anything you can imagine because we see no restrictions here. This creamy one from Camilla And Marc is appropriate for any silhouette.
3. The culottes: the long ones are the key to elevate your wardrobe. This Delpozo chromatic mix is hard to ignore and a smart investment for any age.
4. The midi pleated skirt: this one from Elizabeth and James is definitely an investment piece. It’s classy but if you style it with loafers or ankle boots, you’ll get a contemporary look.
5. The cropped top: it’s true you need quite an ab to wear this. So take it as a challenge if you didn’t manage to go that often to the gym last year. At Michael Kors, it looks ravishing in an all-black ensemble.
6. The velvet suit: this fabric ruled the streets in 2016. Oscar de la Renta presented a slim cut two-piece suit with satin lapels for fall/winter. Matched with a sparkling choker and a mini chain strap bag, this look will win the hearts of the elegant women in the audience.
7. The cold-shoulder dress: is spectacular for sure, at least in this Proenza Schouler show. The graphic cuts and the red-black duo add to the impactful appearance. Therefore – no reason not to keep it close!
8. The oversized knit: the laidback edition. Stella McCartney came with some playful shapes that give the sweaters a modern allure. So stylish with the wide-leg trousers! One of our top investment pieces!
9. The puffa jacket: so old, so new. The puffas are a trendy option but only if you mix them with unexpected pieces. More about this topic here. Below you can see the 3.1 Phillip Lim version in black and blue.
10. The mini bag: not necessarily a clutch. The nano tote is the coolest bag you can wear day to night solo or together with a shopper for example. What do you say? This Coach 1941 is all about the horse power.
How many trends and investment pieces do you “own”?