The Batman of brands!
Let me start from the beginning: I discovered MOOS on Facebook (now I know that it was soon after their launch, then I thought I had missed out on a gem for so long). I fell in love with their minimalist design in general & their awesome shirts in particular (you know I go nuts for a well cut shirt).
Time passed and we decided on this type of article on HipBoulevard and, of course, they were among the first on my list. I need to tell you there’s a dynamic, creative duo behind the brand (and I know their names), but they like to stay out of the spotlight, let their collections shine instead. Hence, the Batman reference.
So here they are, the 5 things they would like you to know about MOOS:
- They came up with the idea in 2015, on a beach in Greece, after a party. (Would there be a better time & place?). However, May 2016 was the official launch date.
- The men and children collections are scheduled for sometime in the near future.
- They like to use androgynous models for their photo shoots. The two are in charge not only with design, but also with photos & advertising, getting some help from their two friends, both named Ioana: Ioana Oprea (make-up) and Ioana Pascal @Obsidian.
- Before launching a collection they run the ideas through a family council, but good feedback is still on the horizon. (Why? Oh, why?)
- The beginning of MOOS was very hard. (But you’ll always remember, right?)
I know you’re really curios about who’s behind the brand, but I was sworn to secrecy, so all you can know is that none of the two is actually a designer. However, one of them is a photographer and the other is a video producer, so they rely on their keen eye for detail & art. They are united by their wish to create quality products, all made in Romania. Their materials come from Italy & Hungary and are whipped into shape by their ideas inspired by movies, photography, Instagram, ACNE STUDIOS, Coldplay, Kendrick Lamar, 70’s-80’s Italian music & Sweden. (nice mix, guys!)
Their Summer collection (featuring that darling blue linen dress) is called BEHAVE and carries on the clean cut lines we/I know & love. The key materials of the collection are linen & cotton and I am positive you’ll find something for your everyday need: a business meeting or a holiday on the Amalfi Coast.
Oh, and I also got an inside scoop! Their next collection will focus on oversized hoodies! Awesome MOOS is awesome.
As I know you feel an urgent need to shop for some MOOS pieces you can find their online store here. Get inspired on their Facebook page and follow them on Instagram!